Wednesday 18 September 2019

Camera practise -pull focus



Experimenting with Pull Focus 
Pull focus can be used to create a certain mood/ ideas in the audience, as the director can choose which subject to focus on and change the focus on to.



Examples of Pull focus indoors
Filming inside was more challenging due to the lack of natural lighting. To improve that i tried to get as much natural lighting, by choosing settings as close to the windows as possible, without having to put my ISO higher than 200, however the lighting on the first short clip can be seen as too harsh and too bright. To improve next time I would think about weather I'm filming indoors or outdoors and will consider bringing a light source with me to compensate for the dull low lighting 
Examples on Pull focus outdoors
When filming outdoors i had no trouble with the lighting, I also positioned the camera at a lower angle so i could capture a different perspective and more than 2 subjects in my frame. The camera goes through 2 subjects before focusing on the last 3rd one.

No comments:

Post a Comment